Friday 16 January 2009

Ume Komachi Obi and Bag

A while back I fulfilled an order I had for an Obi with the Ume Komachi Kokka Fabric, a beautiful burnt orange cherry blossom fabric.


I had some off cuts so I made a little coin purse with it as a little gift. I was feeling rather creative that afternoon!


I made a wristlet handle for the little purse and lined it with a peppermint polka dot fabric. I got some postcards made at Moo with my star on it for occassions like this so that I could write a little note to the person that ordered the product.


The coin purse was about 10cm across the top, I think that if I am making a half circle wristlet, I might make it a bit larger than I did. I attached it with a D Ring and a small clip that could be used for keys or other things if you didn't want to attach it to the purse.

The Kokka Ume Komachi fabric is lovely to work with and I have been making all sorts of things (such as the wine bag I made for my lovely MIL ...) .

A friend wanted me to make a pair of shoes for her little girl with the fabric ... so I did! The lining was the peppermint polka dot fabric.

No comments: