Sunday 25 October 2009

Present for Trudi

A good friend of mine turned 40 last week and so I decided to make her something using some of the techniques I have been working with for my diary covers and it was a chance to try something new as well.



She likes to paint and draw, so we decided to make her a compendium that she could take with her. I love the fabric, I should have asked what design it was, because when I got it home it didn't have anything printed on the selvage.



I like working with the round elastic for securing, nice finish.



Inside the compendium I had a chance to do my first pencil roll ... just a little bit fiddly!



A close up of the pencil roll.


To make sure the pencils are protected, I put a flap over it and secured with a custom button.



A fun project, that probably took a bit long to sew. I might do a few packs for my stall for christmas, but with more "kid centric" fabric.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

That's really lovely. I'd love to buy one of those off you. You'd better do some in adult friendly fabrics too.

Nikki said...

That is a gorgeous present. Personal and handmade.