Thursday 8 April 2010

Hello Betty .. I need ideas!

I got myself a Hello Betty Retro Jelly Roll and a layer stack a few weeks back and I have done some squares for Tori's Paintbox Quilt, but I want to use the rest of it to make lovely quilt of teal and rust colours.

So I have been crawling around the net during my work breaks looking at what everyone else has done ...


I love the way this quilt does the whole zig zag stuff, although if I did it I would probably do some sashing around the outside of the quilt.



The back of the TLC quilt looks lovely, I love the way they have put the solid squares up the centre of the piece.

I love this table runner, the colours look great. Candice mentions in her flickr stream that she used a charm square pack for this project. Don't you love the way that she has eloquently used ric rac!



via daffodilhilltoo

Misocrafty on Flickr also has a great coin stack quilt on her photostream that looks great and was made from some honeybuns ...



This is a lovely "sampling" creation by on-cherry-sew. Perhaps I ought to consider one like this if I can't make up my mind!



via Gayatri"

Another gorgeous Zig Zag quilt. This blogger pointed me towards a web site which show you how to do a Zig Zag quilt without the pesky triangles ;-)

Does anyone in bloggy land have any other ideas? I have a jelly roll and a layer cake in these colours.

3 comments:

Little Cooties said...

I love the first example. fantastic!

Trisha said...

I am using a jelly roll and layer cake to quilt along with Julie from Jaybird quilts. Here is the link if you want to join. It's not too late.

http://www.jaybirdquilts.com/2010/03/hexagon-quilt-along-supplies.html

Jandi said...

Those are all so pretty! I also have a Hello Betty jellyroll and layer cake that are just waiting to be used to make something wonderful. Maybe I will get around to it one of these days!