Monday 8 November 2010

Families

I've always secretly wanted a large family. Not Brady Bunch large, but certainly more than one child. To many of my friends this might seem so strange. But I come from a small family, a small immigrant family. So Christmas times were always small and contained.

Last Christmas we were amazed at how much joy Victoria gave every member of our family. Yes there are times when raising a child is hard work, but when we see the joy that she gives people, we know she is worth it.


Tori and Uncle David Christmas 2009

Anyway, I am not too sure whether the universe will bless us with a large family, but we have recently been blessed with knowing that we are expecting baby #2. Currently gestating, due for a February 2011 release.

As you can imagine, pregnancy can turn your world upside down and as a result I have scaled back my markets and this Friday is my last day with stock in at incub8r on Smith Street. Exhaustion is certainy an understatement at the moment, and I have four more weeks of teaching left.

I plan to resume my offline business opportunities when I can get a hold on what is happening to me and work out how I am going to manage a toddler, a baby and sewing regularly for a business.

There are lots of reasons why I haven't posted until now. But those crafters that know me in real life, know that something has been happening.

I promise you that I won't woe you of stories of gestation and labour, but there might be a gratuotous belly shot in the near future.

13 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Congratulations Margaret! Such fantastic news.
I was wondering why you'd been so quiet and hadn't mentioned any markets...well that's a fantastic reason why.

Lauren said...

Yay! I love to be woed with stories of gestation and labour ;) Can't wait to see that belly shot!

Irene ~ RE~VINTAGED said...

Wonderful news!! Two is hard work, one ids a breeze, so good luck and enjoy the little darlings as much as you can as they grow up way too quick!

Jennie said...

Wouldn't it be wonderful to have the endless resources of, say, the Jolie-Pitts so we could have as many children as we wished and then have them taken care of while we pursue career dreams as well! But I'm pretty sure we get just as much love and happiness from our little families and cottage businesses.

HUGE congratulations. :-D

Katharine said...

Yes, the joy a child brings to other people, not just the immediate family, has been an unexpected pleasure for me!

Cathie said...

congratulations to you all Margaret!!
wishing you a very smooth pregnacy.

Anonymous said...

How exciting! There is nothing so lovely in this world as a new baby.

Cat from Raspberry Rainbow said...

Congratulations! Very exciting times ahead. Your new bubba will bring so much joy, especially to Tori.

Thea said...

Congratulations! Hope it all goes smoothly for you. x

Libster said...

fantastic!!! congrats to you and your hubby. looking forward to the belly phots!

Finki said...

Bring on the belly shots ( : I'm so happy to hear all is well and wish you both a big big family with many more to come. Jay xx

ZippyZippy said...

Congratulations Margaret...
Enjoy :)

Mandy said...

Congratulations Margaret how ace, we'll have to compare bumps next we meet, hopefully at the next MMQG meeting. I'm due feb too, yay :-)