Saturday 6 November 2010

Grandma's Quilt

I came across this while procrastinating ... and I just loved the idea of taking something that is so precious and tactile and encasing it in resin. I'm thinking of taking some close up macro shots of my creations, maybe I can do something creative with them at a later date.


Image is from the site "Just Something I made".

I have a pile of my grandmothers crocheted and embroidered creations that I have been wondering what do to with. I am not much of a doily person in my home, but I do want to show off my grandmothers work somehow. This project certainly gives me food for thought.

If you really love patchwork accessories, head over to Two Bits Patches, where they have patchwork socks on sale - how cute!

1 comment:

Kis said...

Resin'ing the doilys would make for interesting coasters or put into a frame artfully