Saturday 21 May 2011

No Time for Fear by Paul De Gelder

In the last few weeks I have crossed baths with this book twice. I've been meaning to blog about this for a while, but alas ... sick kids have gotten in the way :-(

Anyway .. the first time I heard about this guy was on "The Circle". I had flipped onto the program and found the girls interviewing Paul De Gelder with great enthisuasm, giggling and swooning over the man with no fear of sharks. I was struck by his confidence in talking about his experiences.


The second encounter was listening to Richard Stubbs on 774 radio. Richard was also swooning over Paul, but in a "man crush" kind of way. Both interviews were so completely different and covered different aspects of Paul's experience. He has also appeared on Life Matters (radio) and Australian Story (ABC TV).

As a result, I am suitably motivated to tackle this book after I finish reading Kerri Sackville's new book (nearly there). When you learn about the challenges faced by Paul De Gelder, it really does put things into perspective. Two and half days with sick kids on my own doesn't sound that hard.

I am hoping to pop this book onto my bedside table for a bit of inspiration in the early hours of the morning when Nicholas wants a feed and play ...

No comments: