Saturday 7 April 2012

Bunting Pillow for Sarah

What started as a quick finish on an UFO last night turned into a crafty bonanza for a party Tori and I were off to today.



Tori insisted that we make something for her friend Sarah who was turning 4 even though we had bought her something for her birthday. I am sure that someone has done this type of design better than I have, but I will share anyway.

Tori went through my fat quarter collection and chose a bundle and then I "shortlisted". The bunting on the pillow is held on with some fancy stitching that my Janome does. The linen is a gorgeous Kokka blend (GJs) that is so easy to sew with and the pillow is backed with the pink butterfly pattern fabric (Spotlight).



I actually made the bunting first, the pillow was an afterthought from offcuts that I wanted to use up. A bit of freeze paper and double sided interfacing and I had a pillow cover. The pillow is made to fit an IKEA 50cm x 50cm feather pillow (I quite like feather).

Tomorrow I might post all about the UFO that I finished!

Are you doing crafty things this Easter?

1 comment:

Libster said...

love the pillow. i love doing pillows but hate zips and those foldy ones never seem to stay together for me. I have some binding to do tomorrow, been doing a massive clean up outside